Develop your skills, network and personally tour the ins and outs of the largest businesses in the region with The Chamber's Leadership program.
The Chamber's Leadership program creates in its class participants a comprehensive and objective awareness of our community in action. The program fosters commitment to our region and develops leaders to meet the demands of the future. Since its inception in 1983, more than 1000 people have graduated from this distinguished and popular program, many of which are now prominent and influential leaders in the Rogue Valley. Many of the opportunities available to this group are exclusive to the Leadership Program and not open to the general public. This provides the participants with many unique, rare and interesting experiences.
One Day Each Month, You Will...
- Network with and develop long-term business relationships with others in the class.
- Examine the major business sectors that contribute to the vibrancy and growth of Southern Oregon.
- Participate in finding creative and insightful solutions to community needs.
- Enhance the skills needed to become a decision maker and leader in your community.
- Discover how you and your organization can make a positive impact within your business interactions.
September 19, 2023 - 8AM - 4PM
October 17, 2023 - 8AM - 4PM
November 21, 2023 - 8AM - 4PM
January 16, 2024 - 8AM - 4PM
February 20, 2024 - 8AM - 4PM
March 12, 2024 - 8AM - 4PM
April 16, 2024 - 8AM - 4PM
May 21, 2024 - GRADUATION, 8AM - 4PM
In today’s fast-paced business environment, every employee needs to be prepared to take a leadership role whenever called upon. Emerging leaders of this community and those interested in moving their careers to the next level, find this program personally and professionally invaluable.
What Are The Requirements?
A key program requirement is for the group to plan and execute a community service project selected by the class participants. In addition to participating in the class project, other requirements to graduate include the following:
- Attendance at 6 of the 8 sessions
- Attend one meeting of the City Council, County Commissioner and School Board.
When Does The Class Meet?
The program is comprised of eight educational sessions, which begins in September 2023 and concludes in May 2024. Participants meet the 3rd Tuesday of each month (8am-4pm) for a full day’s curriculum centered on a main topic area delivered via behind-the-scenes tours, hands-on demonstrations and interactive activities, lectures and briefings. Lunch is provided!