Promoting the Community
The Chamber also takes the lead in promoting the community by helping to recruit new businesses to locate here, participating in efforts to improve our quality of life and by advocating our community as a great place for people to work, do business and raise a family.
“We appreciate the quality of service you represent at The Chamber.”
--Chris A. Becker, Western States
Following are some ways we focus on promoting the community:
- Encourage visitors to stay in Medford by promoting Medford as the center of the Rogue Valley.
- Provide maximum exposure for Chamber member businesses on The Chamber’s website, www.medfordchamber.com, which receives over 10.000 unique visits per month.
- Strengthen the local economy by promoting the Rogue Valley as a meeting, convention and event destination, which brings over 160,000 out of town delegates annually, with an economic impact of $21,600,000.
- Maintain a Visitor Center to accommodate thousands of visitors that spend money locally each year.
- Continue to attract visitors by advertising southern Oregon in regional & national publications.
- Spotlight outstanding local businesses by honoring them for growth and community service.
- Educate and train business people to be better participants in our community through the Leadership Medford/Jackson County program, which is a great vehicle for those who want to influence change and get involved.
- Promote our great community and honor our nation’s birthday with Red, White & Boom!, a tasteful 4th of July celebration.
Photo Credit: Members of the 2005 Leadership class learn about the role media plays in the community.